Hermann Himmelbauer a écrit :
Am Freitag, 8. Februar 2008 00:48 schrieb Stephan Richter:
On Thursday 07 February 2008, Christophe Combelles wrote:
Maybe the best way to have a password validation would be to let the
PasswordWidget display two password fields and check itself the values
are the same?
Bingo. :-) I Would implement a PasswordConfirmationWidget. Then you have a
special converter that throws an error, if the passwords do not match.

Right, that seems to be a perfect solution. Btw., it seems that there are quite some generic widget/field-patterns that a lot of people are needing - such as the PasswordConfirmationWidget. Or, in my case I need a special "Email" field, that inherits from TextLine and may also have some specific widget.

So I'd suggest to open some repository, e.g. "z3c.formwidgets" where people can contribute their fields/widgets so that they can be reused by others. Moreover, this would also be a good entry point for people developing new widgets.

Why not contributing directly into z3c.form ? There are already too many packages. Splitting things into eggs was a good thing, but too many eggs is worse. I suggest to do this in a branch of z3c.form, so that the new widgets could be quickly moved in the trunk.

Best Regards,