Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> I haven't heard of anyone standing up and saying "I'm not going to use
> Linux, because people might write tools in perl [or awk, or C, or lisp, or
> sh, or yacc or postscript, or ...]" Perhaps that's a better way to look at
> Zope... not as a python web application, but as a high-level OS extension
> for dynamic web applications.

The metaphore seems quite right!

Some of its most significant features (Aquiition, ExtensionClass) are
even
written in C and mess with guts of python interpreter.

See for example PostgreSQL - it has C, SQL, PL/SQL, TCL, Perl, Ruby and
soon python as its server-side programming languages, with no real
argument
about weather to include yet another language - if you dont
want/need/know
how to use it you just ignore it ;)
And it was originally written in lisp ;-9

---------
Hannu