Jonathan Cyr wrote:
I am constructing an RSS 2.0 feed for a zope app. I am creating the rss.xml file in a DTML method.

Use ZPT, it's much better suited to this...

to include in the feed is a structured-text paragraph. To use any XHTML in a feed you must "html_quote" all of the extended characters for it to work.

What do you mean by "extended characters" here?

So I wish to do something like <dtml-var summary fmt="structured-text" html_quote>

This obviously doesn't work, (would have been cool if it did tho). How do I access the structured text and html quote translation mechanisms in an expr tag.

Something like <dtml-var expr="summary.structured_text().html_quote()">

ZPT does html quoting by default, so provided summary.structured_text() does what yo uexpect it to, you could just do:

<tal:x replace="summary/structured_text"/>

That said, I'd pretty sure RSS feeds CAN include html, and it doesn't need to be quoted...

ps- I don't use ZPT, DTML was chose a while back, and would rather keep

Well, un-choose it, especially for something new and isolated like an RSS feed...

the RSS in a DTML Method rather than a python script. The layers are getting pretty hairy, don't want to add indention to it