Chris Withers wrote:
michael nt milne wrote:
Over and out on this one from me

You promise? ;-)

I think Tino made the key suggestion earlier on: log out of the ZMI, close your browser, restart it, clear the cache, clear any saved passwords, try to view the page in question and - if your settings are correct - get prompted to log by whichever authentication mechanism you chose to implement. If you cancel out and are able to view the page, you made a configuration mistake somewhere. Find it, fix it - and try again.

This has become one of the more hilarious threads I've read in a long time. I suggest submitting Michael's name to alt.usenet.kooks for consideration as KotM.