On 4/11/06, Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Erik Billing wrote at 2006-4-10 20:38 +0200:
>This works fine, except that it's a bit clumsy and has one big error; I
>catch just any exception that arises from the
>files.append(fileIterator.next ())-call,
>and swallow it.

In fact, you should *NEVER* do this.

I totally agree

>I've tried catching only the Unauthorized-exception, but an
>anonymus user does not have access to the Unauthorized-exception, so I can't
>specify is in my except-declaration without getting a new authorization
>error.

The "README" in "Products/PythonScripts" (unmong others) tells
you how to allow the import of usually protected ressources.

--
Dieter

Thanx, it worked fine when I allowed the unauthorized module, but I still wonder if this is the way I *should* do it, is there no easier way that does not incorporate an python script (or a similar clumsy dtml solution). It just feels a little overkill to write a specific script just to access the files in a directory.

/Erik