I am receiving error messages when attempting to start ZEO in daemon
mode.

I have setup ZEO according to:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/robust-installation
I have tried the Plone setup list, but their suggestions (changing the
permissions on zeo/log/ and related files) did not lead to a
resolution.

I receive an error message and a progressive series of dots when I
attempt to start ZEO:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] zope]$ zeo/bin/zeoctl start
. Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/zope/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 719, in ?
  main()
File "/opt/zope/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 716, in main
  d.main(args)
File "/opt/zope/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 243, in main
  self.run()
File "/opt/zope/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 256, in run
  self.opensocket()
File "/opt/zope/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 278, in opensocket
  sock.bind(tempname)
File "<string>", line 1, in bind
socket.error: (13, 'Permission denied')
. . . . . . . . [dots continue to appear at a regular interval]

If I start ZEO using:
zeo/bin/runzeo

then all is fine, the Zope clients connect, etc. but it logs to the
console and I want to run in daemon mode.

I am using:
Plone 2.5
Zope 2.9.4
Python 2.4.3