Jens Vagelpohl skrev:

If your are using Zope 2 and is a newbie, do yourself the favour of starting with Zope 3.

If you want to work in zope 2 you should use Plone as a base, and create products with Archgen XML (AGX)

There are no advantages in using plain Zope 2 anymore.

I'm sorry, that's just complete BS.

No it isn't!

Mind what I said (or tried to say). If you are a *new developer*, with a *new project*, you are far better of starting with Zope 3 than with Zope 2.

If you need features that are in Zope 2 but not in Zope 3, you are better of using a framework like Plone.

I have done Zope for +6 years, and I would not dream of starting up a project from scratch in Zope 2 anymore.

I did not say that Zope 2 was useless. I still spend most of my time working on Plone based projects.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science