In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David Webber
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>If your users (like some of mine) are clamouring for abc import
>because there's so much stuff out there, then we want to read
>*everything*.  And life is suddenly harder without a strict
>standard.   :-(

Yes, exactly the situation.

I read the (old) standard and thought "that's OK". Not too much work.

Then after some work I was told a new standard exists. Start recoding.

Now there are lots of ideas from all sides...

Basically I regret starting this as there are much better things I want
to add to the program... but of course I've nearly finished (Haha!) ...

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland