Trent> : If you disagree with my paraphrasing of your opinion Colin, please
feel free to rebut it *in plain english* so we can better figure out
what the hell you're on about.

Well, I agree that Colin hasn't made clear what he stands for [neo-]computationally. But perhaps he is doing us a service, in making clear how neuroscientific opinion is changing? I must confess I didn't know re integrative neuroscience. So there is something important to be explored here - how much *is* science (and cog sci) changing its computational paradigm?

Basically, you guys are in general blinkering yourselves to the fact that the brain clearly works *fundamentally differently* to any computer - in major ways.

Colin may not have succeeded in fully identifying or translating those differences into any useful mechanical form [or not - I'm certainly interested to hear more]. But sooner or later *someone* will.

And it's a safe bet that cog. sci. which still largely underpins your particular computational view of mind, will v. soon sweep the rug from under your feet. If I were you, I'd explore more here.

(The parallels between a vastly overleveraged financial, economic & political world order suddenly collapsing and a similarly overleveraged (in their claims) cog. sci and AGI also on the verge of collapse, should not escape you).