On 2007.09.27, Jeff Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...] It seems at first glance that it would make more sense to hand
> the task of writing to the connection back to the driver thread once
> the connection thread is done with it, [...]
>
> Since this is such an obvious change, would I be correct in guessing
> [...]

I don't know if the change was attempted, but it was certainly
considered and acknowledged as ultimately the "right thing to do" but as
I mentioned in a previous message, AOLserver's write speed hasn't been a
significant bottleneck for AOL, so the work was not pursued.

If anyone has real and actual needs to do large file serving out of
AOLserver directly and would like to either (a) make the change and
contribute it, or (b) fund its development, I would think it would be
welcomed.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/