When I look at the patch, it seems to me that this could be put into a module.
The new C level command doesn't need to be a static command, it uses only
external functions and variables (Ns_*, Tcl_*).

Can we work togeather to get a module instead of a patch?

I'll work up a module file today if someone can test it, or tell me how.

tom jackson