Tom Jackson schrieb:
Okay, after looking further into this patch, I see that it doesn't actually add any functionality to AOLserver. It looks like you would have to install a newer version of OpenACS to use this.
as i wrote in my earlier mail, the patch is simple and small and adds just two
subcommands to ns_conn. Thanks to dossy, the patch is commited to cvs. head.

The applications to "ns_conn channel" are on the tcl layer and
are quite simple to use. Look into the xotcl-core package
(xotcl-core/tcl/bgdelivery-procs.tcl) in the openacs cvs repository.
With the patch, xotcl-core and libthread, one can replace e.g.
ns_returnfile 200 $mime_type $filename
by
ad_returnfile_background 200 $mime_type $filename
in cr_write_content in acs-content-repository/tcl/revision-procs.tcl
to use the background delivery for content sent from the
content repository (e.g. file store).

best regards
-gustaf neumann