Dear Maurizio and all...

i have updated cvs on sourceforge with most of your patches. A few points are questionable (see below). For me, it is still unclear, why 4.5.1 worked for you, but not the head version not. As far i can see, all socket usages were int the same way in 4.5.1, the variable triggers in nsd.h was defined like this at least since 2004. Maybe it was "luck" that the win version worked in 4.5.1 (different memory layout, different compilers / compiler options, ...)

A few comments to the patches (i have omitted these):

nsd/nsmain.c
+#ifndef _WIN32
     Tcl_Finalize();
+#endif

===> If one does no Tcl_Finalize() one introduces a memory leak.

nsproxy/nsproxy.c
-    Tcl_FindExecutable(argv[0]);

===> The call to Tcl_FindExecutable() is required (at least in Tcl 8.5), otherwise tcl will crash (at least under unix like operating systems)

+#define uint32_t unsigned long
+#define uint16_t unsigned short
+
+typedef void * caddr_t;

===> These defines should be most probably within  an #ifdef

 static void
-FatalExit(char *func)
+NSP_FatalExit(char *func)

===> What's wrong with the static name FatalExit()?

-static Proc *firstClosePtr = NULL;
+static Proc *firstClosePtr;

===> What's wrong with the initialization of the static variable?

I have not updated the nsproxy changes, since these need more work.

-gustaf neumann