On Wednesday, 24. January 2007 13:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I think it's been mentioned before either on list or in the docs about
> where stuff should be installed. I don't think (as apposed to the wiki)
> that the modules etc should be under a per site directory structure. That
> makes upgrading more tedious and time consuming.
> The modules should be installed in the usual perl module area, eg under
> site_perl. The plugins should be under the AxKit2 directory in a directory
> called plugins. That makes installing with a make install possible.

Well, that's why I mention three methods of installation. No definite
consensus has been found yet, however.

My personal favourite has been what you describe (and what I present as third
scheme), plus a way to have two (or more) plugin directories: global (core)
plugins, private plugins and maybe custom system-wide plugins.

But I don't have any experience with that kind of setup. Instead, I now know
how nicely multiple private copies of AxKit2 work. I like them, as I tend to
suffer from update-breakage rather often.

In any case, a "make install"-able AxKit2 would probably be quite useful. But
until there is no definite consensus on what scheme to use, I won't advocate
one.

> I like the ideas about SSL using stunnel or squid. Do they work under
> windows though?

I think so, yes.

> I was under the impression that SSL could be handled via apache and
> requests passed on the Ax2. Is this possible?

Apache is also capable of reverse-proxying, yes. mod_proxy does that, and it
is part of the default distribution. Of course this also applies to
connections via SSL. I never did that, but it should probably be mentioned
alongside the squid instructions.

--
CU
Joerg