On Mon 19 Jun 2017 at 18:18 Roland Winkler wrote:
> On Mon Jun 19 2017 Greg Bognar wrote:
> > I am in the same situation with Wanderlust, so it seems a general
> > BBDB3 problem.  With BBDB2 I was able to do something similar to
> > what you describe in WL.  Now BBDB never asks to harvest any
> > address (unless I press :), no matter what settings I try.  I
> > asked about it on this list a few months ago, but didn't get
> > anything useful.
>
> Have you looked into the README file?
>
> I know, it is not perfect.  But it should get you started.

The relevant parts of my init.el:

(require 'bbdb)
(bbdb-initialize 'wl)
(bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'wl)
(load "~/.emacs.d/filters") ;; Filters for BBDB
(setq bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p '(query . create)
      bbdb-update-records-p 'query
      bbdb-mua-auto-update-p 'query)
(setq bbdb-file "~/.emacs.d/bbdb"
      bbdb-mua-pop-up-window-size 3
      bbdb-layout 'one-line
      bbdb-pop-up-window-size 5
      bbdb-complete-mail-allow-cycling t)
(add-hook 'bbdb-notice-mail-hook 'bbdb-auto-notes)

This is how far I got.  The ~/.emacs.d/filters file contains the variables
bbdb-accept-message-alist and bbdb-ignore-message-alist.