Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:45:02 -0700
From: "Scott & Charlotte Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "E30 Yahoo Group" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "UUC Digest" <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: '91 318is, 305K+ miles, passes smog with flying colors

Smog testing this afternoon on a Kahleefornya rolling dyno smog tester
gizmo:

15 MPH tests (1912 RPM)
                    Max Allowed    Measured
HC                124                    77
CO                0.78                   0.16
NOx              815                    378
CO2%            n/a                    14.9
O2%               n/a                    0.3

25 MPH tests (1780 RPM)
                    Max Allowed    Measured
HC                98                       40
CO                0.66                   0.12
NOx              754                    505
CO2%            n/a                    14.7
O2%               n/a                    0.3

Before the test I replaced/had replaced the cracked intake boot and
vacuum hoses, leaking injector O-rings (and fuel rail hoses for good
measure), and I also replaced the spark plugs (they only had 10K miles
on the, but they looked a little dark) and air filter.  The oil was
changed a couple thousand miles ago.  Just before the test I went for
my patented hard-driving high-revving cat warm-up test loop.  They
took the car right away.

The test numbers are better than my '90 325i with only 130K miles.

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA