Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:34:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Ivan Demkovitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M62 leaking chain cover

Like Brett stated - it's about 6in pounds

Which is 2 pounds on 3 inch arm. I had my rubber mullet(2lb) resting on
small(~3in) wrench to get approximate result. And yes, it's pretty tight if you
feel it by hand.

I did try to go 4 turns to any side and was ending up with tools snapping on to
cams nicely afterwords. So.. Conclusion is. It can be done by hand. Play that
crank have when locked with pin, or cams have when locked with tools probably
greater then amount of adjustment between 0.5 and 1Nm.

Did 1440 degree turn and everything snapped back into place.

It looks like I'm good with this.

Brett is invaluable resource to this group.

Thanks!