Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 07:23:42 -0500
From: "Richard Sperry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Expected lifetime of O2 sensor?

The O2 sensor sholdn't have anything to so with warm up idle. It and the ECU
control closed loop hot operation.

As stated before, clean the ICV, and check all vacuum lines for leaks.

On my E36 M3 the O2 sensor is a 50K mile part. It may still be good, but it
may lose linearity as it ages. Also when they go bad, it will usually set an
ECU code.