Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 08:25:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ivan Demkovitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Gary Derian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: BMW UUC Digest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 97 540 6-spd trans output seal, SHIMMY, Driveshaft

What is the buzz? It's vibrating, not violent shake, not felt on steering
wheel. But it's at high frequency. Not anything like suspension related shimmy
I had at 45mph.
CV Joint at differential? I didn't look at this one. Boot is good and there is
no radial play when shaking by hand. I guess I will take it of and take apart
to inspect.

I have "sealed" transmission with no info on repair and no parts source. If it
get's worse I will just need to get another transmission.

Thanks,
Ivan