Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:23:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Neil Deshpande <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: <E36> M coupe Gas Smell?

Gruppe:

I can smell gas after driving the car.  Before I start looking myself, is there
someone who has been down this road with a 2000 M coupe and can offer up
his/her experience?  Thanks!

I had a hatch latch issue.  Turned out to be a broken pawl on the latch and not
failed retainers.  $36 at BMA instead of $55 and $66 at 2/3 local dealers in
the Atlanta Metro area.

Regards,

Neil Deshpande