Hi Andreas, (and sorry for a second post here today all)

On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 12:40 PM Andreas Mantke <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

> sorry for beeing a bit undiplomatic on this topic. But your statements
> are not in accordance with the CoI policy of TDF.

The TDF policy
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/6/6e/BoD_Conflict_of_Interest_Policy_ver1_3_2.pdf>
was rushed and drafted in an atmosphere of distrust that prevented a full
review, and has several places where clearer language would be welcome.
The Policy also fails to deal with the full spectrum of potential personal
interests that affect an open source community.  In particular the wording
of section 2 could lead a reader to the wrong conclusions.  I'll assume
those are the reasons why you have misunderstood it, rather than implying
you have not read it.

It's clarified helpfully by Section 5.3 which explains that a personal
interest is not an actual/potential conflict of interest until the Board
has determined that it is based on the evidence. I am not aware that the
Board has determined that any of the five people you keep accusing of a
breach of trust has in fact failed to balance their personal interests with
TDF's interests.

Since a Board cannot function in a continual atmosphere of accusation and
mistrust, most Boards on which I have served have assumed by default that
directors can be trusted to highlight any case where a declared interest of
theirs conflicts with the interests of the organisation in a harmful way. I
strongly suggest TDF's Board follow that practice and leave accusations of
breach of trust as a rare exception.

Regards

Simon
--