> We are also very individualistic, and that has a lot to do with our
approach.
> When you are in the US you get the benifit of the doubt. If something
happens
> between two people of differnt cultures which could causes conflict
between
> them they first give eachother the venifit of the doubt, they thing "this
> person seems to be differnt than me and they are acting inapropriatly to
my
> culture, I suppose that there is some reason for this, let me find out
before
> I get upset."

This vision of tolerance seems to be at odds with the apparently high level
of violence in the United States.

> It's not like their is no tension, it's not like it isn't sometimes
painfull
> for the comunity or the individuals, but it does happen. We have a Frech
area
> of our country just like Canada, but unlike Qubec the New-Orleans area
does
> not speak French, and has retained much of it's frenchness but nothing
like
> Qubec.

Quebec was originally a French colony.  If I'm not mistaken (and I may very
well be), the French of New Orleans were forcibly deported from what is now
Eastern Canada in the 18th century.  I'm not sure that the two can be
compared very well.

Are the thriving, opulent metropoli of the southwestern United States really
representative of the rest of the country?

-J

[Sponsored by:]
The newest lyrics on the Net!