--- Richard Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jan said:
>
> > Th Allis were under US command specificaly becouse we deployed a vast
> > majority of the units. Every major battle in WW2 was won by US forces,
> > the others simply came in behind to take up securing positions and
> > guard the US suply lines.
>
> Ah yes, I remember reading all about the massive US pincer movement that
> won the battle of Stalingrad, the American efforts to lay the
> minefields and tanktraps at Kursk,

Yes of course we should have left it up to the soviets. That would have
worked...but wait, what if it had?

>the stalwart US defence of
> el-Alamein,

The fox is undoly represented in history as a ww2 sideshow, a skermish on the
edge of importance. This is truly not just. Rommel was a feirce fow and the ,
the Britts and Ausies who gave thier lives in that fight should be remembered
more than they are. Even though africa and the middle east was not taken
until the yanks arived, Montgomery deserves much of the credit.

>the brave Few of the US Army Airforce winning the Battle of
> Britain...

Very true, without the island bases from which the liberation of Europe would
have been a greate deal more dificult and might not have been achievable. The
US Army Air Force pilots who joined the Royal Air force in advance of the US
entry into the war played a big part in that victory, but the bulk of the
credit still goes to the British.

=====