Brother John wrote:

> There is nothing rational about a vegetarian diet.

I once recall reading something about how the vegetarian proteins are
easier for humans to assimilate as compared to the proteins found in
meat. Does anyone else have ay recollection of something like this?

> Vegetarianism is just
> a form of holier-than-thou for atheists.

Hah!

A reasonable proportion of vegetarians in India are vegetarians because
of their religious beliefs. Buddhists, Jains, and a lot of Hindus,
fr'ex. Some others are vegetarians because of health reasons, others
because of aesthetic reasons.

While I have met many believers who eat or don't eat meat because of
their religious beliefs, I am yet to come across anyone who refuses to
eat meat because they have no religious beliefs.

Ritu