Hi Longint,

1.  Open up app/config/core.php
2.  Scroll down to Security.salt
3.  Just change 1 character in the salt and you'll be all set!
4.  Save the core.php file.

Possible cause:

You installed cakePHP 1.2 and just opened up the app folder and began
working with everything you need right in the same directory.

Resolution:

cakePHP 1.2 allows/expects you to start new projects from the
console.  So they figure you'll take the 1.2 cakePHP download, put it
somewhere and then follow the screencast on setting up the console at:
http://cakephp.org/screencasts

Please note that this is not the ONLY way to do it, but it's the
expected route for creating a new project.

Once you've got the console all set up you'll create new projects by:

1. Navigate to where you want your new project directory to live.
2. Create the project directory
3. Navigate into your new project directory
4. Run the following at the console:
cake bake
5. Allow it to use the default skeleton
6. Allow it to use verbose mode (this will show you the files /
directories it is creating and any errors)
7. Enjoy!

Hope that helps longint.  You're going to love 1.2!