On Sep 26, 2008, at 10:01 AM, Peng Zang wrote:
So, if gedit has a programmatic interface you can write
shell script to parse the compilation errors (just look for line numbers) and send a command to gedit to go to the appropriate line. I don't know if gedit has that capability, but certainly there may be other text editors that do.

such as nedit -- see script below.