Dear all,I am working on a Red FluorescentProtein (His-Tag) molecular weight
around 27kDa. After purification I ran a SDSpage, the band at 27kDa confirms
the monomer. The protein was stored at -20C, aweek later again I ran a gel,
this time I saw another new band between 50-60kDa, it confirmsthe protein
solution contains both monomers and dimers. I would like to know, whatis the
best way to separate the monomers and dimers? One of my colleague adviceme to
go for sucrose gradient centrifugation and size exclusion
chromatography.However, I seek all your valuable suggestions and advice.
With best regardsDr. S.M.Jaimohan