On 24.10.2017 11:45, David Ongaro wrote:
very seldom saw a discussion with Robert lead to anything.

(You seem to only refer to discussion on this mailing list.)

Apart from this being a discussion about one particular person, let me ignore this for a moment:

In the current time, computer-go discussion and research has a very high percentage of people discussing the side of mainly programs and programming but I belong to the very low percentage of people discussing mainly go-theoretical aspects of computer-go. With a higher percentage of the latter, there would also be more discussions resulting to something.

--
robert jasiek