On 2/28/24 00:54, Scott Kitterman wrote:
It's self-induced.  I mean if it's demotivating to have people point out that
you didn't follow the policy, then you can solve that all by yourself by
following the policy.  If I take your argument to its logical conclusion, all
of Debian's rules can be demotivating when people ignore them, so we should get
rid of them all so your feelings are safe.

The way you're wording it, it feels like we on purpose didn't follow what was written in the policy. That's not the case.

The point you're missing here, is that this policy is not obvious at all, and it's easy to either not understand it, or not know about it.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)