Am Sat, Mar 02, 2024 at 09:11:52PM +0000 schrieb Scott Kitterman:

> It's possible I am misunderstanding you here (languages are hard even when
> they are your first), but if I am not, I think you are not really seeing
> things from the correct perspective.

I'm probably biased since involved into this and I'm interested into
other perspectives.

> Here's my summary of what I understand your argument to be:
>
> I did not follow the team policy and didn't care about the other people
> involved to rectify the error.

I'm curious why you believe I didn't care. I likely would have reverted
my change if I didn't have more urgent matters to attend to.
Re-uploading a package just to revert the Maintainer and Uploader is
lower on my priority list than fixing other RC bugs. I've mentioned
multiple times that different wording might have elevated the priority.
I'm not sure how to express this more clearly, sorry.

> They were upset about this, so clearly this mess is all their fault.

What exactly is the "mess" in this story.  Probably not swapping
Maintainer+Uploader since I several times confirmed that it is my fault
and immediately said I'm sorry about this.

>  We should change the rules so that I won't have been wrong.

Again no.  My proposal to change policy was after a second upload of
mine connected to

  pysimplesoap (1.16.2-6) unstable; urgency=3Dmedium

I asked the maintainer to post his response to a public mailing list but
he refused.  *Then* I proposed a change to the policy since I see
problems in it.  If we had only the first story I would have done
nothing (except reverting the change the maintainer considered wrong
once I might have time for it.)

> I absolutely do not know how to respond to that level of entitlement.
> Hopefully I have misunderstood what you are trying to communicate?

I was told that I should not expect any thanks for fixing a bug and I
tried to explain this is not the case.  Now I am being accused of having
a sense of entitlement.  I'm starting to have severe doubt to make
my point clear enough.  My gut feeling tells me that it is time to lean
back and observe this thread passively instead of putting even more
fuel into it.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

--