I apologize in advance if my note was note clear.  I'm not at all
interested in off-the-cuff opinions.  We all have our opinions.  But
I'm only interested in fact-based analysis of the actual regressions
reported in BZ.   Specifically:  what caused the actually defects that
ended up in 4.0.0 and what could have been done to prevent it.
General recommendations, like "more time", not backed by specific
analysis, are not very useful.  And remember, there will never be
enough time to improve quality with a suboptimal process.  The goal
should be (IMHO) to improve the process, i.e., work smarter, not
harder.

Regards,

-Rob