Le 14/08/2013 21:39, Rob Weir a écrit :
Maybe we need to call an earlier build the "RC" so it will get more
attention?   We had a complete test build that we were testing for
over a month.  But maybe it is ignored unless we call it an "RC"?  In
other words, there were many opportunities for users to help try 4.0
before it was released, but maybe there opportunities were not well
known.

I think that it was too difficult to get to the dev versions and it was too
much complicated. There was no clear link to download a dev version (I had to
rely on the url in the messages from the dev list).

What I see (from a standard user point of view) for a RC:
- When a dev version is almost done, rename it RC and make it known (blog and
we would relay the announcement in the forums of course)
- Have a link visible under the main download button of the download page
(perhaps a similar button as a dedicated entry)
- Make that RC installable in parallel with a stable version
- No file association allowed for that RC by design

The wiki page for the dev builds were too complicated and sounded to much beta
to make the users confident in using them (when they managed to get on that
page!).

Hagar