> From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pesce...@apache.org]

> I must clarify what I wrote. I meant it's fine to link to third-party
> resources from the DE website, I didn't have the forum
> homepage in mind;

OK

> and I now see that indeed this is done at
> http://www.openoffice.org/de/foren.html reachable from the DE
> homepage
> after clicking on the support option.

Yes, it is a old website

> So, without adding any new external links, I'd recommend we do the
> following instead: edit https://forum.openoffice.org/ so that
> it has the
> additional record (to be translated to German):
> DE - Third party forums in German

I would love to, no problem.
I just thought the phrase "external" is not to be misunderstood, but we can of
course write "third party".

> You can't change https://forum.openoffice.org/ since that homepage (a
> plain HTML/PHP file) is maintained directly on the forum servers.

I did not know. But I think it does not matter, because I have withdrawn my
suggestion anyway.

> > On http://de.openoffice.info many years we have clearly
> identified that there is an independent forum:
>
> The official forum is "independent" too, in the sense that it offers
> support for OpenOffice and derivatives

this was not my definition of "independent", but what I meant was not it part
of a particular project is.
It's not important, I just wanted to clarify what I meant.

Greetings,
Jörg