> From: Hagar Delest [mailto:hagar.del...@laposte.net]

> For the record, the link to the German forum is in the
> Survival Guide of the forum since quite the beginning:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=166#p716
>
> I agree, we should add the link on the landing page (which
> has still an old logo BTW). Adding something like "(3rd
> party)" would be fine.
>
> We had already asked the German moderators (a long time ago)

I am one of the moderators and that since about 2005, no one has asked me.

And my position is clear: the forum is independent and will remain so.
"independently" means independent from other projects.
We are not part of OOo, not of LO and not of AOO, we are just software users to
each other answer questions, and that works well for 10 years and it will stay.

I do not understand the problem, I made a proposal, this proposal has been
criticized, and because it was about "Lazy Consensus" that is my proposal is
rejected. That's no problem for me, that's only a matter of different opinions
and
that is okay.

However, it is not the topic here to discuss what external forums want, just as
we
have to discuss here what rules apply for wikipedia.

Greetings,
Jörg