Quick top note: to avoid multiple mails I'll comment this and the others
messages here.

First, I totally agree with Andrea, let's focus on what needs to be done,
it's inappropriate at best to discuss anything related to the shutdown at
this time. Yet if someone enjoys the exercise of style that's ok, but
please don't ask people doing the work to stop doing the right thing for
engaging in this game. Enough said.

Second, as Michael says we need more developers. When I was at SourceForge
we have been often able to help projects here and there to find more
developers, I'm confident Dave Brondsema (Apache Allura VP) can help us to
get one or more calls out via forums, blog and newsletters.

On the same line we could ask some help to get the news out via Slashdot, I
guess at the end of the day after all the blame it would be a news to let
people know the community is still there, and some how growing. As far as
we're ok with the Slashdot style of communication, we would probably have
good chance to be covered.