> From: Peter Kovacs [mailto:peter.kov...@posteo.de]

> Imho that's is what you have to do if you want to go into
> commerce. And after we have rebuild the community we might
> need to build or invite a commerce entity, too. Without hard
> feelings. ;)
>
> What was the whish that the ooo community  wanted, in your opinion?

A truly independent foundation.

Please note: SUN was a very very community-friendly company, but SUN did not
allow any independent community, and the community wanted to change it with an
independent foundation.

Today the TDF is not independent, but depends on several companies, instead of
one. These companies may also be very community-friendly, but again there is
dependency and this dependency is actively exploited.

> I think this is just my crazy idea.
> And I think a focus on a participant community is a way to
> make us special for others to get involved.

I did not mean the idea is crazy.

> What would be your way?

Any time to work with the forces that we have concretely. We should not set
priorities that can be misunderstood as conditions.

What I would like is a community that is aware of the necessity of its
independence, but is not afraid to work with companies.

I mean:
A strong community is even stronger by the help of companies,
but a weak community is further weakened by the interference of companies.

greetings,
Jörg

> >Gruß
> >Jörg
> Gruss zurück
> Peter

Oh, I see, I have greeted in German, that was no special purpose, only
coincidence.