> From: Peter Kovacs [mailto:peter.kov...@posteo.de]

> Imho looking for Companies & Investors is the route Libre is moving.

One word:
The TDF is not the kind of foundation that the OOo community once wanted. The
TDF is a money and PR machine for companies and LO is as dependent on these
companies as once OOo of Oracle or Sun.
I see people in the LO-community who work a lot but have little to say.
Well-known people, who once advanced OpenOffice.org and enjoyed respect there.

> I don't think doing the same is smart.
> I would rather prefer the opposite direction and focus on
> community building.
> And that is something we can do without any programmer skills.
> We can claim that we are not bound today to anyone. The
> structure of Apache makes sure of that, I think this is
> something we differ a lot from TDF and we should utilize.
> Also I think we should try to do a bit of old school Open
> Source. No market focus for devs, rather go for the tech thingy.
> I think we have to much competition on our minds.

This would not be my way, but if developers want to follow this path, and a
good software is generated, then this good software (relatively) automatically
gets market meaning.
Therefore, I will _not_ contradict this way, when it is the way which the
developers want.

Gruß
Jörg