Matthieu Herrb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > Might make more people willing to test
>  > XFree86 releases on their machines. One experience like I had for the
>  > average tester who just wants to help out is likely to cause him to re-
>  > install his Linux distro and never run a 'make install' again ;-)
>
> We all agree. But problems can't be fixed only by complaining.
> Could you send us lists of files (with sizes or modification dates)
> and symlinks in /etc/X11 before (that is the clean RH installer
> result) and after 'make install' on a RH system ?  That would
> probably help finding what's wrong.

Sure, I have the original untouched directory now and I can copy it and
redo a make install and see if I can find the differences. I suppose I
could run a diff between the original files and the modified files and
post the diff here.

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~