Ross Vandegrift <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 12:24:09PM -0800, Kendall Bennett wrote:
> > Is there an option to fix this in the host.def file? If so, perhaps this
> > should be the default option when doing a make install??
>
> Yes it is an option, though I do not recall which one.  What I do
> recall is that if you look in xf86site.def, you'll find it in there with
> some descriptive comments.

The only options I can find appear to be:

#define InstallXinitConfig      YES
#define InstallXdmConfig        YES
#define InstallFSConfig         YES

which says in the comments that the files will not be replaced if they
already exist and:

#define InstallAppDefFiles      NO

Which does need to be uncommented to disable installing application
default files. Are the application default files the ones I want to stop
from being installed when I do a 'make install'?

Finally in the xf86site.def file it still lists a bunch of stuff related
to Tcl/Tk and XF86Setup. AFAIK XF86Setup no longer exists in the 4.x
builds, so I am wondering why that is still in there. Are there plans to
resurrect XF86Setup, or is it dead for good?

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~