Kendall Bennett wrote:

> Kevin Brosius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Depends somewhat on how RH does X init.  You can look through
> > startx and xinit setup and see what's being changed.
>
> Isn't the installer supposed to not replace xinit.rc if the file already
> exists? That is what the comment in the xf86site.def file says, but that
> would appear not to be the case?

Well, /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc certainly wasn't updated during my last
'make install'.

Assuming you logged the install, you'll be able to tell exactly what was
written.  Mine has the following:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/xc-cvs/xc/programs/xinit'
install -c   xinit /usr/X11R6/bin/xinit
install -c -m 0755 startx /usr/X11R6/bin/startx
Not overwriting existing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc
install in programs/xinit done