I've added my own comments to the page after creating a section for it:
'DDN User Ideas/Comments/Suggestions', so that people can proactively
add their thoughts to the page. This seems a little odd to me
considering that the DDN has always had an email based focus.

The link is http://wiki.digitaldivide.net/index.php?title=The_future_of_DDN

As far as the community sections go - I've never understood why the
forums were there since email is how I am used to working with DDN. I
think economically speaking, it is sensible that they be withdrawn. The
categorization system being replaced by tagging is a 'maybe' in my book,
depending on implementation. For example, in Drupal 6.0, tagging and
categorization are synonymous (that's tech-talk gobblygook to most).

As far as contributions, I'll toss my hat in the ring though I must
admit it's a rather small hat. ;-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi DDN members!
>
> If you've been to digitialdivide.net recently then you would already now
> that we are planning to make some changes on DDN. Here's why:
>
> DDN is a great place to learn about the digital divide and discuss it with
> other members who are actively bridging the divide - and we want to see
> DDN continue to be a leader in this regard. Here at TakingITGlobal we
> would like to see DDN continue to grow, but in a way that is more
> financially sustainable. We've drafted a plan that we think DDN ought to
> follow in the coming months. We also believe in the strong community
> around DDN and would like to hear your thoughts on our plan, we believe
> that the future of DDN needs your support!
>
> After much thinking in the TIG office we've found a way to improve DDN
> based on the resources available. We have a list of improvements that we'd
> like to make to the site but don't currently have the finances to make it
> happen. The fact of the matter is that TIG doesn't get any funding to run
> DDN and we've tried unsuccessfully to find financing; so we came up with a
> new way (for TIG at least) to make DDN sustainable.
>
> We've outlined what exactly we'd like to do and how we plan on doing on
> the DDN wiki. Please take a look at our plan and let us know your
> thoughts.
>
> Here's the link:
> http://wiki.digitaldivide.net/index.php?title=The_future_of_DDN
>
> Please remember that it is a wiki and we'd like to see your ideas added to
> the wiki as well.
>
> Thanks and we look forward to DDN's bright future!
>
> Sincerely,
> The TIG DDN team
> in the body of the message.

Taran Rampersad
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.your2ndplace.com
http://www.opendepth.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowprose/

"Criticize by Creating" - Michelangelo
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." -
Nikola Tesla