Hi All

First of all, thanks to the moderators for having accelerated the
moderation process for this list. And apologies for digging up a
message midways in a last-year thread. But I thought again of:

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Taran Rampersad`
<taran.a.ramper...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then, perhaps, we could discuss what you think of the future of DDN
> instead of focusing on the means. From what you have described, you do
> not believe there is the need for a website. Is this true?

when I visited www.digitaldivide.net yesterday and saw the red warning:

"This is a static archive of the Digital Divide Network content. Due
to the extraordinary amount of spam being posted and traffic to the
site from robots overwhelming the site with inappropriate content,
TakingITGlobal can no longer afford to maintain and manage the site
content. However, you are welcome to browse the wealth of content on
the site. Blogs can still be contributed to the site via RSS
syndication, and member profiles are still active!"

... and realised I had no idea when it had appeared, as I had not
visited the site for a long time. And from the apparent lack of
comments (so far as I have checked in my gmail archives) on the list
about this new archive status of the site, I am probably not the only
one.

So in a way, this answers Taran's question: maybe we don't need a
common live site anymore. But it is great to have an archive and a
common feed-reader of the (RSS-imported) members' blogs - even though
it is a bit sad that the change was due to spammers.

Best

Claude