The ICT Literacy Portal www.ictliteracy.info has been hosting ICT literacy
virtual conferences and meetings in collaboration with our partner Learning
Times for the past two and a half years.  Many of you and your organizations
have participated.  The response to this type of meeting/conference has been
most positive, and the technology is neither complicated nor expensive to use.
However, it takes time and patience for the "digital immigrants" to become
comfortable in this virtual conferencing environment.

Many participants from developing countries regularly participate using even
dial up access and basic technology.  Most recently, we held a virtual
conference over 3 days from Costa Rica for the EDC Power Users of ICT (in
parallel with the physical conference) with registrants participating from
around the world - including teams of kids from many countries who had no
problem with the virtual venue!  It enabled many more researchers and educators
and students to participate in the conference proceedings - without costs for
travel, hotel, etc.  Also, we were able to get some great guest speakers who
would have been otherwise unable to participate due to time and distance
constraints.

Learning Times and Kempster Group advocate using the tools of ICT to
communicate the message, and invite you and your groups to join our ICT
Literacy community site and feel free to use the ICT Meeting room for your
discussions www.ictliteracy.info.  Feel free to contact us if you want more
information, or even would like us to set up a live demo or special topic
meeting with you to help others understand and become familiar with the virtual
conferencing capability.

Regards,
Brenda

Brenda Kempster