John, Taran, et al --

While I understand your concerns, there is real value in face-to-face gatherings and conversations; which are often hard to capture remotely. There will be blogging and IRC chats throughout the conference, however.

I also wanted to let you know that we here at Aspiration are hosting a web conference call on the same issue (ICT for humanitarian reliefs and tools in the field), together with NTEN, the Innovation Funders' Network, and Humaninet. I am looking for projects that might be interested in participating in that call to give a brief overview of what was done, what tools were deployed, and what is needed. There will be separate announcements for that (target date for the call is Sept 27).

Please get in touch with me offline. I would especially appreciate projects involving private/corp partnerships, and those involving large relief organizations to the extent that they involve communications and technology, as I am pretty familiar with the plethora of grassroots ICT/tech projects that have been organized.

I will compile the list (including what I learn from other sources such as DEv Gateway/truthlaidbare/Web 2.0/etc etc) and post here and on the DDN site.

Thanks so much.

Best,

Katrin
Aspiration: Better Tools for a Better World
www.aspirationtech.org

Rampersad wrote: