In a message dated 9/15/05 12:00:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> First, long ago we tossed the idea of a "bus"...the van (40 foot
> container) would be towed for placement weeks and months on end.
> (outside of a Walmart)
>
> Next, it seems to me there is some advantage to having a
> self-contained "shell" where the equipment can be stored, used, and
> shipped - and where people can make their way to it, and work
> shoulder to shoulder.
>
> Just a thought. And you could be right. Maybe a boxes of computers
> which have all the information on their hard drivers, and bookmarks,
> etc. would be sufficient. Load them on an airplane and have the
> people find the outer carton, unpack same and set up shop. Wireless
> has changed a lot, that's for sure.

John:

What has happened over the past year to your ideas about the trailer
information training/center and the 40' vans?

I've been thinking about them a bit in the context of the needs of the
Katrina evacuees, those who will be reamining in the Gulf Coast, and those who
will
be spread around the country in a mass migration comparable to the Mississippi
River floods of 1927 -  when much of the Mississippi Delta Region and
Greenville, Miss. appears to have moved to Chicago.  It would certainly
facilitate
the process if there were Internet supported information/training centers that
could function in "settlement house" and "concierge" functions.

Have written some concept papers that expand upon these ideas for you and
others who may be interested.

Don Samuelson