From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 5:47 PM
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] Re: Winlink Can Be Reliable in Emergencies

Then it was non B2F, and that makes it possible the message was attempted,
however, buffer overrun would have stopped it's transmission long before it
got to  50K mark.

Pactor I cannot handle the B2F Compression used within the WinLink 2000
system with Airmail as the host, except for small text-only messaging.

Pactor III and ARQ would take a large capability for processing and a CPU
that was capable of true multiprocessing  using a compliant operating system
to decode, as proven back in 2005 when this argument originally surfaced.
It should be in Snopes by now.

David
KD4NUE