Hi!

L. Weiss wrote:

> Hmmm... i just tested SVN (rev. 125), it doesnt worked to load multible
> files.
> Not in command line and not from the GUI, it just indexes the first given and
> thats the only that is exported, too. Did i make sth. wrong?

How can we know until you tell us what exactly you did?

In general, all you have to do is

        dvbcut file01 file02 file03

and the program will do the rest (provided that the files are properly
sorted, i.e. chronologically). If you prefer to create an index first,
you have to use

        dvbcut -g file01 file02 file03

(with the same files, in the same order). If you index them separately,
only the index of the first file will be used (and, thus, the other
files will be ignored).

>>>Second one is a preview of the cutted movie, just to see what the result
>>>will look like. A preview 5 seconds before till 5 seconds after the cut
>>>would be enough i think (maybe in a small popup-window?).
>>
>>That would be nice, but it's a little hard to implement. The actual cut
>>(and the re-coding of the adjacent GOPs) isn't performed until the file
>>is exported; mplayer only displays a sequence from the *source* file.
>

> But you do only have to recode a few frames... and its just 10 seconds to
> extract, just make a small progress-bar while preview gets generated and
> after that a small popup (with 1/4 size?) and play/stop buttons. On my system
> it takes just 8 seconds to export a movie cutted to 15min (460MB), 10 seconds
> should not harm anybody.

Hmm... generate a file on the fly and pass that to mplayer?

>>>Third thing is a little tricky: Because i wanded to cut out ads, i was
>>>searching for the equal pictures before and after the ads. The view of
>>>diff-frames isnt very useful to do that, because you do only have one
>>>movie window. Its quiet much work and nearly not possible to get a _real_
>>>good cutting that way.
>>>Would it be possible to automate that?
>>
>>You mean, when the sequences overlap? I find that incredibly easy - mark
>>an I frame after the ad (because that avoids recoding), go back and find
>>the identical scene before the ad, *then* switch to difference mode and
>>find the matching frame. If you use the mouse wheel and shift/ctrl/alt
>>keys for navigation, that's a piece of cake.
>

> How do i find the matching frame if i do not have a reference? Ive just tried
> it, but the differences are so small, i cant remember each detail. If i would
> find the exactly matching frame the sound would fit better.

The start marker is your reference. Right-click on it and choose "show
differences from this frame".

[...]
>>>You could also search for blank ac3-multichannel-audio to detect begin
>>>and/or end of ads automatically (to minimize the time for searching).
>>
>>That would be an option. Currently, we only take changes of the aspect
>>ration into account (if there are any). If you have a recent version,
>>just hit the "m" key or choose "suggest markers" from the edit menu.
>

> Nice feature! Unfortunately when i hit "m" he says "No aspect ratio changes
> detected". Is my recording the problem? The movie is in 16:9, but with black
> bars, ads are 4:3.

If the actual resolution (or, rather, aspect ratio) doesn't change, the
function will of course detect nothing.

> But Meta-Info in Konqueror says it is a 4:3 movie. Are the
> black bars part of my recording?

I suppose they are, yes. Some stations (at least here in Germany) send
real 16:9 video, however, and that makes cutting pretty easy.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>