> L. Weiss wrote:
> > Hmmm... i just tested SVN (rev. 125), it doesnt worked to load multible
> > files. Not in command line and not from the GUI, it just indexes the
> > first given and thats the only that is exported, too. Did i make sth.
> > wrong?
>
> How can we know until you tell us what exactly you did?
>
> In general, all you have to do is
>
>       dvbcut file01 file02 file03
>
> and the program will do the rest (provided that the files are properly
> sorted, i.e. chronologically). If you prefer to create an index first,
> you have to use
>
>       dvbcut -g file01 file02 file03
>
> (with the same files, in the same order). If you index them separately,
> only the index of the first file will be used (and, thus, the other
> files will be ignored).

i do not get it work. My movie is named part01.mpg to part 07.mpg.
Ive tried to start dvbcut with

        dvbcut part01.mpg part02.mpg part03.mpg ... part 07.mpg

When the programmwindow shows up, it asks where to save the index-file. After
that, only part01.mpg gets indexed. So this is the only part that i can cut,
too. Same behaviour when i try to add the parts via "File->Open".

When i type

        dvbcut -g part01.mpg part02.mpg part03.mpg ...

dvbvut creates an index for part01.mpg and exits.
I never got more than one part for cutting in dvbcut.

Ive tried to connect my parts with mencoder before cutting with dvbcut:

        mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -of mpeg -o test.mpg part0*.mpg

That worked, but the sound wasnt syncronized anymore.

> Hmm... generate a file on the fly and pass that to mplayer?

That would be the easiest way. Maybe you can actually add it to the main GUI
(below the cut-pictures list). On hitting the "Play" button the preview gets
generated and played.

>> [...]
> The start marker is your reference. Right-click on it and choose "show
> differences from this frame".

Oh... ok. Thats pretty cool. In that case it would help a lot if you just add
some better feature description to the project-page ;-)

> [...]
> > Are the black bars part of my recording?
>
> I suppose they are, yes. Some stations (at least here in Germany) send
> real 16:9 video, however, and that makes cutting pretty easy.

My recording is from Pro7... it was recorded on a Windows box with DVBViewer.