Hi,

> Just to clarify things here: It is possible to open more than one mpg-file
> together and cut them as one in dvbcut and export it as one movie, right?
> Can that be deactivated in config, too?

Yes, with one of the last svn revisions that's possible... I just checked
that! With older versions you have to use con'cat'entate them and
cut the resulting video.

It's even possible with snippets which actually have been recorded
at different times (e.g. not stemming from the same recording)...

For instance you recorded the last part of a movie first and
later when repeated after midnight the beginning and want to merge
them together. Or you stopped the recording and started manually again
a second one during a commercial break. Or the snippeds are just different
program streams...

The only drawback in that case is that the timestamps don't make sense, but as
long as you just use frame numbers for orientation that's not really a
problem. Of course, the start/stop pairs must lie inside a snippet...

>> as i said, the parts are from dvbviewer. What is a proprietary header and
>> how do i check if i have one? When i concatenate them with cat i can play
>> the result with mplayer. But when i play it with xine, it has one broken
>> frame (green artefacts) on the cut-off point of the files.
>
>Oh, i just tried to load that concatenated mpg to dvbcut. It just loads that
>what was my first part.

That's strange...  you're sure that dvbuct didn't re-use an older index you
created before when trying with a single file?

Some DVB recorders (at least my old topfied TF4000) add a few hundred bytes of
header information to the recorded transport stream (but at least don't cut
away the recordings). The idea was that such a header (or something else...
broken frames?) in front of the second snipped could (maybe) prevent DVBcut
to index the video beyond the snipped borders...

Can you provide us a small part from the end of the first video and the
beginning from the second? Of course cutted with 'dd' and not dvbcut or some
other video editing tool!

ciao
Ralph