Hi!

L. Weiss wrote:

> i do not get it work. My movie is named part01.mpg to part 07.mpg.
> Ive tried to start dvbcut with
>
>       dvbcut part01.mpg part02.mpg part03.mpg ... part 07.mpg
>
> When the programmwindow shows up, it asks where to save the index-file. After
> that, only part01.mpg gets indexed.

But the file should contain the index for part02...part07 as well. That
is, it should be a lot larger than an index for part01 alone. It's just
the *message* that is wrong (because that part of dvbcut doesn't deal
well with multiple filenames).

> So this is the only part that i can cut,
> too. Same behaviour when i try to add the parts via "File->Open".
>
> When i type
>
>       dvbcut -g part01.mpg part02.mpg part03.mpg ...
>
> dvbvut creates an index for part01.mpg and exits.

Same as above. The index is for the complete sequence of mpg files (in
the order given).

[...]
>>Hmm... generate a file on the fly and pass that to mplayer?
>

> That would be the easiest way. Maybe you can actually add it to the main GUI
> (below the cut-pictures list). On hitting the "Play" button the preview gets
> generated and played.

I'll think about that. But there will be some significant delay between
pressing the button and playing the video, which probably isn't what the
user expects.

[...]
>>The start marker is your reference. Right-click on it and choose "show
>>differences from this frame".
>

> Oh... ok. Thats pretty cool. In that case it would help a lot if you just add
> some better feature description to the project-page ;-)

I can't - I only have write access to the repository, not to the project
page.

>>>Are the black bars part of my recording?
>>
>>I suppose they are, yes. Some stations (at least here in Germany) send
>>real 16:9 video, however, and that makes cutting pretty easy.
>

> My recording is from Pro7... it was recorded on a Windows box with DVBViewer.

Well, Pro7 sometimes sends 16:9, and sometimes it doesn't. TVtotal, for
example, is broadcast in real 16:9 format, while many movies (in
particular older ones) are just squeezed between black bars...

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>